Badgers Mount Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) and Local Policing.
Kent Police website for:
HALSTEAD, KNOCKHOLT & BADGERS MOUNT
Latest local Police news and updates via Twitter from Kent Police and Sevenoaks Police are displayed below:
NHW Watch Liaison:
Emergencies only: 999
Kent Police: 101
For something you think the Police should deal with or be aware of and needing early action but NOT AN EMERGENCY.
101 is the non-urgent police number. 15p maximum call charge.
Find out more about the 101 number.
Or 01622 690690 if calling from outside Kent.
Kent Police full contact details: www.kent.police.uk/contact-us
Badgers Mount PCSO:
Amy Hardy & Sue Harwood
PCSO: Police Community Support Officer
PCSOs work alongside the police in a supporting role, providing a visible presence and helping to reassure the public. They patrol their local area, providing assistance and dealing with incidents of nuisance and anti-social behaviour which don't require full police powers. By dealing with minor incidents PCSOs enable police to make more effective use of their time.
ActionFraud is the UK’s national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre.
Crime Stoppers: 0800 555111
SEVENOAKS NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICE CRIME PREVENTION ADVICE
Sevenoaks Neighbourhood Policing Team advice
for improving the security of homes, garages and outbuildings:
• How Secure are your Home, Shed and Garage? Are all locks and windows in good repair?
• Dispose of packaging carefully so as not to advertise any new purchases
• Check the ID of callers
• Use timer switches to make your home look occupied
• Lock windows & doors when you go out or go to bed (keep keys safe in case of emergency)
• Avoid leaving valuables on display, do not leave car keys within reach of letterboxes
• Use chains to secure wheelie bins & ladders when not in use - they could be used as climbing aids
• Install shed alarms and security lights wherever possible
• Security mark your garden equipment and power tools
• Lock away all tools after use - they could be stolen or used to break into your home
• Defensive Planting- Consider planting prickly plants, bushes and shrubs around vulnerable areas such as windows, fences and boundaries
• Keep garage doors closed at all times - Do not advertise the contents to potential criminals
• Fit wire mesh on the inside of window frames in sheds and garages
Visit www.kent.police.uk for more crime prevention advice.
Please visit these local businesses who support this website.