Badgers Mount Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) and Local Policing.
Kent Police website for:
HALSTEAD, KNOCKHOLT & BADGERS MOUNT
Latest local Police news and updates via Twitter from Kent Police and Sevenoaks Police are displayed below:
NHW Watch Liaison:
Dave Woledge 01959 534338
Emergencies only: 999
Kent Police: 101
For something you think the Police should deal with or be aware of and needing early action but NOT AN EMERGENCY.
101 is the non-urgent police number. 15p maximum call charge.
Find out more about the 101 number.
Or 01622 690690 if calling from outside Kent.
Kent Police full contact details: www.kent.police.uk/contact-us
Badgers Mount PCSO: Amy Hardy
PCSO: Police Community Support Officer
PCSOs work alongside the police in a supporting role, providing a visible presence and helping to reassure the public. They patrol their local area, providing assistance and dealing with incidents of nuisance and anti-social behaviour which don't require full police powers. By dealing with minor incidents PCSOs enable police to make more effective use of their time.
Crime Stoppers: 0800 555111
Sevenoaks Neighbourhood Police crime prevention advice
Sevenoaks Neighbourhood Policing Team advice
for improving the security of homes, garages and outbuildings:
• How Secure are your Home, Shed and Garage? Are all locks and windows in good repair?
• Dispose of packaging carefully so as not to advertise any new purchases
• Check the ID of callers
• Use timer switches to make your home look occupied
• Lock windows & doors when you go out or go to bed (keep keys safe in case of emergency)
• Avoid leaving valuables on display, do not leave car keys within reach of letterboxes
• Use chains to secure wheelie bins & ladders when not in use - they could be used as climbing aids
• Install shed alarms and security lights wherever possible
• Security mark your garden equipment and power tools
• Lock away all tools after use - they could be stolen or used to break into your home
• Defensive Planting- Consider planting prickly plants, bushes and shrubs around vulnerable areas such as windows, fences and boundaries
• Keep garage doors closed at all times- Do not advertise the contents to potential criminals
• Fit wire mesh on the inside of window frames in sheds and garages
Visit www.kent.police.uk for more crime prevention advice.
Please visit these local businesses who support this website.